- Don’t do drugs, do hugs. There has been a lot of people that have died due to drug addiction. This doesn’t have to be illegal drugs, it can be drugs that are prescribed by doctors. People develop problems when on prescription medications for a long period of time. A lot of people end up dying when taking more than what is recommended. It is important to seek help with addiction and look for loved ones that will support you.
- Drugs can bring diseases and diseases are bad! There are many intravenous drugs that can be shared with other people. HIV is a disease that has no cure and it can be transmitted to another person through used syringes. Not only is a person getting the harmful effects of the drug, they also face the possibility of becoming HIV positive. Living with this disease without knowing can be deadly and expensive to treat in the long run.
- Marijuana is just like driving drunk. Don’t smoke and drive. When people smoke Marijuana, there mindset is in a different world. People are mentally impaired when they are high and make the decision to get into a vehicle and drive. Never make the mistake to drive while drugged.
- Help out a friend that has a drug problem. There are so many people that become addicted to drugs due to personal problems faced at home. A lot of people may be going through a divorce or the loss of a loved one. People will cope with problems by doing drugs and harming their bodies. It is important to help a friend when faced with hardships in life.
- Be the leader that can bring change! If you live in a community that has a problem where drugs persist, be the person that will advocate for change. A lot of large urban cities face the problem of drug addiction due to many socio-economic issues. Devote time to help others and turn that negative into a positive picture.
- Bring awareness to the youth! Young adults are falling into the trap of drug addiction due to the negative influences of society. The media is portraying this image of people being successful while on drugs. Young adults are still developing and are easily drawn into the trap of media. It is important to bring awareness to the youth, because they are the key to the future.
- Keep families together! Drug addiction is the number one reason why families are falling apart. A lot of abuse occurs when one family member is on drugs. Eventually, families end up going their separate ways in life and end up in situations that are worse than before. Families should seek counseling when a member is faced with a drug addiction problem.
- The lives of children are greatly impacted when parents are on drugs. Parents can either be a positive or a negative influence in a child’s life. A lot of parents don’t realize their behavior while on drugs and end up committing a mistake that can be life-threatening to their children. Children need to speak up when they are going through physical and emotional abuse from parents that are on drugs.
- Crime rate will significantly drop when we live in a drug-free world. In large cities where drugs persist, there seems to be a high crime rate. If the government steps in to help bring change to areas where drugs exist the most, then we will live in a community that will be safe for all.
- Enjoy life by living on purpose! Life is beautiful and it should be cherished. People find their true happiness when they find out their talents that they are truly passionate about. Have a positive mindset that will change the world and don’t do drugs.