Top Ten List: It Gets Worse with Time.
10. It’s a regular Saturday night, and Kyle is at the bar again. Drunk as ever, he pukes on his new girlfriend. He no longer has that girlfriend.
9. Like most days, Jimmy’s Friday night started with a few beers. He wakes up early the next morning in the hospital getting his stomach pumped. He has no idea how he got there.
8. It’s the morning after the biggest party of the year, and Tara is fast asleep on the lawn of the fraternity that held it. When she wakes up, she realizes she missed her last calculus exam of the year. Her teacher wouldn’t allow her to make it up, her GPA drops, and she loses her full-time scholarship.
7. Danny threw a small get-together with his buddies. Eventually, him and his buddies became so wasted that no one noticed a thief stealing Danny’s car.
6. Mitchell and his friends usually get together during the weekend. This time his friends brought different drugs than usual. The next day, he finds out him and his friends all unknowingly posted their night of experimenting all over social media. He doesn’t realize how much effect this has on him until years later when his potential employer denies him his dream job due to “resurfaced information.”
5. Stanley played football for the best college team in the nation. He would have been drafted to the pros once he graduated if only he hadn’t broken his foot during a drinking game at a victory party after their championship game.
4. Robyn agrees to a date with a coworker. Like usual, Robyn drinks a little too much wine. However, this time, when her co-worker makes a move on her, Robyn is too drunk to deny his offer. She was raped that night.
3. George’s wife walks down the stairs to see her husband fallen out of the chair lying on the ground. She quickly yells for their son to help her carry him to the car in order to take him to the hospital. The doctor declared him dead within 10 minutes of arriving at the hospital. You see, George had smoked and drunk constantly for the last 10 years. It all finally caught up to him. A 16-year-old boy lost one of the most important male figures of his life forever.
2. Sam is a 9-year-old girl, who lives with her single mother. Sam goes to a sleepover at her friend’s house one night, but when she gets home, her mother is laying on the floor with a needle sticking out of her arm. When she can’t wake her mother up, she calls the police. Her mother overdosed.
1. Mikey has drunk and driven plenty of times. He’s what one would call a ‘functional’ alcoholic. Nevertheless, one night he loses control of his car after drinking one night and murders a young family.